2001 Zocchi Shiver question

Senri

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
HI all,

I have on my Koga Miyata Sidewinder a pair of 2001 Shiver forks. They are in almost new condition, but miss the leg guards. I have a set in backorder for 2 months now, but saw they could be ordered from Marzocchi themselves. Sadly they only have the left side (with cable clamp) of the plastic ones. Still, 2 left are better then none at all, but try fitting them made me notice that the right leg end (axle block) has the 4 holes for the little guard bolts, but the left side has none.
Do you think this is replaced and are there other guards for this type of fork end or should I think about drilling and tapping holes myself?

Any help is appreciated!

My Shivers have the bolt hole for fitting the guards on both legs

I got bored waiting on CRC getting pair of the guards in & I just bought two left ones & fitted them

The guards fit both sides with no modifications needed, but they are designed to cover the outside of the stantions more

So fitting a left guard on a right leg leaves the outer edge of the stantion a wee bit exposed, but you would really need to look for it to notice :LOL:

Good luck, the guards are getting hard to find, so are spare parts :(

I LOVE my shivers :cool: :cool:

G

Thanks for all the great suggestion guys :cool: , but I am still a bit stuck here. Marzocchi Italy does only have left guards and so I ordered two. They have both sides in carbon though, but I think the are 50 euro's per side....
I have noticed that they are a bit side oriented, but that is no problem. I am still stuck with the fact that the left leg has no bolt holes. I am just looking at the options now; shall I drill and tap holes myself or are there other type of guards that are mounted differently?

It is not really noticeable, but in left up image you see the left leg (in the pic) has the holes, while the right has only some small casting points, but no holes.

col.jpg

get some carbon fibre and make them your self.

Or you could get some for a CRF350 like on my Avy MTN-8
And cut them up , if you give me the measurements i could
check to see if it can be done.
The cost me £15.00 from any Motorcross shop ,or i could hack the old
Black ones from the forks for you

scarab7.jpg

scarab4.jpg

This mudguard was a full fender , but with my handy dremel tool i cut it up and wrapped it in 3M Carbon DI-NOC

scarab3.jpg

Your fork bottoms look the same as mine ( same shape & colour)

Are you sure they both dont have the holes there?

They are only like 2 or 3mm in dia :?

And it looks like they are visible in your pics on both of them?

Any better pics bud

And a link to the carbon ones ;) ;)

G

Thanks for the advise, guys!!! Seeing the solution you have made certainly has made me consider making some carbon versions. I have been working in the fibre industry, so that would be no problem.
My first problem is how the get the left one connected to the fork end. Rammstein: how did you connect yours? They seem like pop riveted?

And yes, I am sure the left one has no holes, I will see if I have some better pics, otherwise next week when I am back from Italy. The carbon ones can be purchased directly from Marzocchi here:
http://www.marzocchistore.com/template/listSTOREProducts.asp?LN=UK&IDFolder=603&Sito=storeUK

well my forks are slimmed down Honda CRF250 forks by Avalanche.

So the are bolt's holding them on.

just like shivers and dorado's they have bolt holes

why not make simple carbon protectors?

Back