Marin Mount Vision 1998 rear disc mount.

m30edd

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Good evening all,

help from any geniuses out there would be greatly appreciated.

I have recently aquired a 1998 or 1997 Marin Mount Vision, been lusting after one of these for years and found a frame I can work with.

I also came across a 'L' shaped disc mount adapter for the swinging arm, the one with MARIN machined into it and a Hope No 1 C2 caliper half.

So far so good.

Now I have all these bits together in the same room the problems arise.

The Rear swinging arm has no threaded bosses to accept the disc mount adapter. Not too much of a problem, I'm a resourceful chap, I can make some threaded inserts and install them and have them tig welded in place.

The disc mount adapter has two holes for mounting to the swinging arm, no problem, and two holes for accepting the Hope No 1 disc caliper, probelm. The hope No 1 disc caliper only has one threaded mounting point.

Anyone know how the caliper is supposed to fit to the 'L' shaped disc mount adapter?

If I can get this right the rest is childs play.

I know I could make my own mount etc but I was looking for a tad of originality.

Any help and advice gratefully recieved.

Regards
Edd

This was mine, 97 Mount Vision with a later disk compatible swing arm. Not sure if this is of any help?

sdc10591_w800_h600_110.jpg

Thanks for the photo REKIBorter, I'd love to get hold of a swinging arm like that but I fear they are in short supply.

I have the following parts, see photos, and just need to know exactly how the Hope No 1 caliper attaches to the Marin disc mount adapter. I can figure the rest out from there.
Marin swinging arm without lugs.
Marin disc mount adapter for Hope C2 No1 caliper
Hope No1 Caliper half.
Last picture is of a swinging arm with the correct lugs for attaching the disc mount adapter, I will be copying this unless anyone has one they are willing to part with?

Any help or photo showing set up would be great.

Edd

Attachments

• Marin swinging arm with lugs - Copy.jpg
    Marin swinging arm with lugs - Copy.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,411
  • DSC02639 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02639 - Copy.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 2,410
  • DSC02638 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02638 - Copy.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,412
  • DSC02643 - Copy.JPG
    DSC02643 - Copy.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,410
Having recently acquired a DH Frs from 1998 I am desperate for one of those disc adapters.

Please please please if you want to sell it can you let me know. Ideally I would otherwise like to know the measurements.

My marin swingarm has big M10 or so size holes on the swingarm for that adpater to fit. Not sure how it works on the mount vision.

Might otherwise be worth sourcing a new frame, swapping the swingarm and selling the replacement frame with the disc rear?

Sorry cant be any real help

Does anyone know what caliper fits this Marin disc bracket?

Really want to know, I'd love to use it.

[/list]

Marin bracket and Hope C2 No 1 caliper

Found the information I wanted.
Thanks for all posts.
:cool:

Attachments

• Marin B-17 swinging arm with Marin disc mount bracket.jpg
    Marin B-17 swinging arm with Marin disc mount bracket.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 2,327
Re: brake mount

Hi guys I'm really after the mount that's in the pics in this post can anyone help I have the 1998 b17 and hope disc wheels that I want to put on the bike but cant without the mount

Back