Winter glove recommendations

chrisv40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, I appear to have lost every warm glove I ever had so its time for some new ones.

What gloves do you all use/recommend that don't cost the earth.

These are not cheap but they are very good - Pearl Izumi Cyclone. Warm but not bulky like most winter gloves.

pi16_9429be4c051ef861121e2f40ed788ecc.jpg

Got a pair from Decathanon - BTwin ones, the other day, there brilliant, and seem waterproof so far... much better than my endura ones i bought last year.. they whwre CRAP.

Which endura gloves were no good and in which way? I'm needing a new pair myself and have always been delighted with endura stuff over the years so they'd have been my first choice...

Depends on the temperature. I use a Craft Lobster type with a Serius glove on the inside down to ~20F. Below 20F I throw in a hand warmer and/or a thin polypro liner under the winter glove.

The Seal Skins Lobster type Handle Bar Mitten glove looks nice; can't find anyone here in the USA. Anyone on the list have a pair? Comments? Cost?

Thunderchild

im against sealskinz at the mo, im on my second pair of the new primaloft versions, cant use them when hands are wet and I found the waterproof bag lets go inside so you cant get your fingers back in them,
I have a pair of older skinz gloves and there still holding up but they feel like your holding a wet fish in each hand when gripping the bars, these are very warm though perhaps ive just had a bad pair ,,,, or two.

I must confess I cut the insides out and they make great over gloves ;)

Another one for Sealskinz. But if I bought another pair I'd probably go for a size too big so I could wear liners for the really cold days. But they are probably the only truly waterproof gloves I've ever owned.

Best gloves I've ever had have been Roeckl. I have a pair of Goretex which are good when it's really cold and 2 pairs of Windstopper. Don't know if you can get them in UK though.

Can also recommend Grip Grab, which is a Danish brand, made for Danish conditions. If anyone wants some - shout up.

On longer rides I normally take 2 pairs and keep one pair under my jersey for when the pair I'm wearing starts to get cold - inevitable after a couple of hours. It's a trick I learned when I was a bike messenger in Copenhagen during a very cold winter.

Back