Fork/Brake ID Help - Fox/Hope Content

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Sorry about the tiny picture but this is all I have to go on until they arrive on my doorstep. I bought everything in the picture as a job lot from a police auction website. I'm only interested in the kit on the right hand side of the picture with regards to ID.

Can someone identify which family of Fox Forks these belong to please, and give me a year (I think they're 2009/2010 perhaps)..

If someone could ID the brakes too, that would help. I'm pretty certain that they're Hope 4 pots (judging by caliper and rotor). Stem is a silver Thomson and bars are carbon something or other! If the brakes are Hope, then I'm going to assume that the front wheel is a Pro 2 laced to a DT rim of some description.

Everything else in the picture will be up for Karma as soon as I get it, by the way - so keep an eye out for it :)

DSCN1245(2).JPG

The forks are Fox 36's pos van's or Floats

Brakes look like Hope Moto levers but the callipers look like Mono T6 or M4's
That rotor on the front wheel looks like its a 210mm which would sugest its a mono T6.

giant-one":1v8gxh6p said:

That rotor on the front wheel looks like its a 210mm which would sugest its a mono T6.

I've also posted this in the pre 1998 section and another member has said that they look like 36s too, so that's good :)

I was thinking that the front caliper looks like a Tech M4?

Barneyballbags":1zm0kcaj said:
giant-one":1zm0kcaj said:

I've also posted this in the pre 1998 section and another member has said that they look like 36s too, so that's good :)

I was thinking that the front caliper looks like a Tech M4?

It does but the levers look moto v2s. :)

Were V2s the ones with the vented rotors? :cool:

I think I've managed to ID the forks too, and it's potnetially better than I thought.

I think they're 2011 Fox 36 TALAS FIT 160s (try saying that after a few sherberts!).

Pic below. Pic on the left is of my forks. Pic on the right is of the forks above. What do you think? I've also looked at other photos of the FIT 160s and they seem to be a good likeness. Would have been even better if my forks had the Kashima coated stanchions!

main.php

They do look like M4s and the levers could indeed be Tech levers. Teenie picture though, if the levers are drilled they will be Techs though.

If so then mint!

They could be but it would more likley be the van's or the floats.
160mm travel will be right.

the moto v2s can run the vented rotor but they didn't come as a set as you bought the rotors seperate.

Pic below shows my 2010 tech v2's with the standard v2 rotors.

My rotors have a wider disc surface than the one in your pic, so would suggest it's a standard floating rotor or the T6. :)

Attachments

• DSC007440032.jpg
    DSC007440032.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 594
You're welcome :)
Just double checked on the levers and they're not moto v2s they will be defo tech M4s.

Good buy though. ;)

Back