2005 Trimble - Completed - 15lb 4oz

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
I was asked to give a break down of my 2005 Trimble. How did i get it down to 15lb 4oz

20''Frame is 3 lb 2 oz (replaced seat post clamp, Scandium bosses)
Fork is 500 g (scandium bosses)
stem is Reconti Carbon road 106 grams USE bar is 120 g 21'' wide. (i may cut 20 mm off as it feels wide)
Smud seat post 26.7- 90 g
THM cranks/BB 396 g (68/73 BB)
Extralite Chain rings-44/30t 91 g (including chain rings bolts)
Smud Carbon 72 grams
KCNC rear V brake 99 g
AEST front V 105 g (lighted with KCNC blocks, alloy bolts)
KCNC brake levers 52 g
YBN ti chain 208g
Recon alloy block 105 g 11-28 (in black ano)
SRAM Rival rear mech 165 g (lighten with carbon parts)
Front wheel hasn't changed from my other builds still 605g (hope hub 102g,355g Stans 355 rim, DT Revolution spokes 3 X)
Rear wheel American Classic 224 g (ceramic bearings would loose more weight) Stans 355-365 g, DT Revolution spokes 3 X - 708 gram)
Conti Edge 1.95 545 grams
Inner tubes are Maxxis fly weight 95 g
Control tec ti/Scandium skewers 26 g
Pedals Exustar ti 106 each
SRAM shifters with Pulls mounts 135 grams
Headset Crankbros C 60 g
Front mech XC Pro 1992 vintage 114g (ti bolt)
Have replaced most bolts with a mix of nylon, ti, alloy bolts. Was forced by physics to keep steel allen bolts on the rear bosses & my habit of over tightening the ti seat pin clamp bolt :oops:
foam grips 20 g
Conti Edge 1.9 rear 545g & Geax Gato mud 1.7 433g

I've only ridden on the road and it is a very very quick bike. It scares me on how quick it changes direction. Any rut, pot hole make keeping control a full time business. The front brake is excellent, rear needs a bit more tinkering.
More detailed pictures in my gallery

Very nice :D but whats with the cable ends and dust caps :twisted:

Front mech could loose you some grams, campag carbon with btp mount? What cables are you using? Powercordz could shave a few more grams again.

kaiser":27xe93zt said:
Very nice :D but whats with the cable ends and dust caps :twisted:

Front mech could loose you some grams, campag carbon with btp mount? What cables are you using? Powercordz could shave a few more grams again.

Cables are what i had left over in the parts box. Cable ends? Alloy from my local, dust caps?

Will keep the mech as it's my little bit of retro on my modern.
The biggest future weight lose will be wheels. 'Innolite' 230 carbon rims, Tune hubs. Oh and a AX lightness stem -65g

Tone i could build you some wicked light weights cheaper than you would think pm me and will go though it with you ;)

Ps ti or better yet scandium seat post :roll: come on :roll:

cannondale king":1qgc6r05 said:
Tone i could build you some wicked light weights cheaper than you would think pm me and will go though it with you ;)

Ps ti or better yet scandium seat post :roll: come on :roll:

Sorry CK The bank is empty. :cry: :cry: No bike parts left to sell.

A carbon,ti,scandium seat post in 26.6 Please show me chaps :)

Now keep my weight down as most of the parts have max rider weights.
Oh and get in shape to ride faster

The Thomson seatpost is the wrong way round...twist it through 180 degrees and it will also allow you to use a shorter bolt on the back!

...saving another 0.3g :cool:

hamster":18ch2gu9 said:
The Thomson seatpost is the wrong way round...twist it through 180 degrees and it will also allow you to use a shorter bolt on the back!

...saving another 0.3g :cool:

:oops: :oops: Thanks hamster. Glad some one told me :LOL:

Thats lovely, great work.
I want to have a go with the Canondale Flash for weight weening if a frame ever comes up for sale at sensible money but this is very different. :cool:

Back