Build or buy?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I love the satisfaction of building a bike from scratch and riding it but I am stumped at the moment, I have a lovely Singlespeed frame that I want to build but at the moment thats all I have so needing everything else and money not being flush I am having troubles justifying not just heading to ebay and finding a complete bike already built.

Quick breakdown

-Frame (paid £100)
-Forks (Fancy ones on here for sale £130 )
-brakes (£100)
-Crank (£50)
-Wheels (£100) Do have some tatty ones at moment

Then you see something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONE-INBRED-SI ... 312wt_1185

hmmmmm I am not normally this thoughtful about things either but selling my lovely xtr groupset to fund it too!!
:LOL:

someone make a choice for me!! :LOL:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
two options.

1: buy the on one and transfer the bits onto the sanderson to get it rolling.

+ quick easy build that gets you to try the frame out.

- you will never be happy with the build as its not the one you wanted.

2: buy the bits you want.

+ you get exactly what you want, and will probably ride it more.

- will maybe take more time and money

if it was me i would do option one then spend more time and money getting it to option 2.

Firstly consider...why the bloody hell do you want a Singlespeed :evil:
There are lots lovely companies who makes these great things called 'derailleurs' and 'shifters'. When building a 'mountain bike' these should be very near the top of your 'things to buy' list :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm sure you'll enjoy it when its finished either way.
Mine just seemed like a whole heap of pain to me :D

I'd buy the full build & swap the parts myself - at least you have satisfaction of knowing everything is spot on when self built, then change anything you are not happy with later down the road.

Not sure I'd go for that OnOne though, lots of early bids & private listing with bidders identity hidden......

Dickyboy":1guwcwj9 said:
I'd buy the full build & swap the parts myself - at least you have satisfaction of knowing everything is spot on when self built, then change anything you are not happy with later down the road.

Sounds like the best solution :?
So much better when its your own selection

Dickyboy":3ah62opv said:
Not sure I'd go for that OnOne though, lots of early bids & private listing with bidders identity hidden......

Also agree,quite high for a SS given all the expensive mechs and shifters are missing.Avid brakes too,those usually go for about £40 a pair :?
imho i'd leave that one.

dyna-ti":jmrydqdd said:
Dickyboy":jmrydqdd said:

Also agree,quite high for a SS given all the expensive mechs and shifters are missing.Avid brakes too,those usually go for about £40 a pair :?
imho i'd leave that one.

was just an example really, Funny was just looking at it a moment ago thinking the same thing :D

Back