British components

titch__16

Retro Guru
What british companies are there today that make components. I know Hope and Halo, but is there any one who makes;
Handlebars
Stems
Seatposts
Saddles
Gears
Grips, Bottle cages etc.

cyfa2809":hgyzu068 said:
Dont think x lite are still going?

Renthal is british?

Renthal are based in Bredbury near Stockport. They design and manufacture on site.

The X-Lite company concentrated on their Muc-Off brand and products several years ago.
The X-Lite component brand was recently purchased by the UK distributor Hotlines. They are apparently working with Brant Richards to develop a new X-Lite product range. Whether any of it will be manufactured in the UK remains to be seen.

Sadly a lot of British 'manufacturers' are actually designers and importers. The following are ,I believe , 'made in Britain' (HOPE - stems, seatposts, clamps, brakes,bbs, levers, chainrings, QR, headsets

USE - chainrings, stems, seatposts, bars, bottle cages, QR

MIDDLEBURN - chainrings, cranks, hubs, valve caps

GOLDTEC/BETD - hubs, chainrings and suspension upgrades

BROOKS - saddles, grips

Frames - Orange used to make some of their top end frames here. Apart from bespoke frame builders are there any 'big' manufacturers left actually building in the UK?

This has given me an idea for a bike build, but i was instantly stuck on the gears + brakes issue. I dont fancy a Sturmey Archer hub thingy, its retro, but not retro cool.

Any suggestions?

Back