Best Bike shop for a service in Worthing - West Sussex

Monkeeee01

Retro Guru
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone here is from Worthing or West Sussex area and can recommend what they think is the best bike shop from the following?

The bike Store
Quest Adventure cycles
Southdown bikes

I used to live inn ~Brighton and Hove and always took my bikes to Rayment Cycles who generally did a pretty good job but according to doug (kase) they completely hammered a pair of Rock shox SID forks I serviced before selling to him.

I then took my latest ride to Baker street bikes as they did a excellent job on a new cables and index job but with my latest build they insisted on a complete service (even though It only needed gears, cables and BB tightness checking)

When I got it back after spending £75.00 the Cassette was loose, the BB had not been tightened or looked at and the front mech didn't shift.

I have now moved to Worthing - bought a new cassette and chain and want them fitted and the mech indexed and BB checking.

Which Bike shop to use?

thanks

Gaz

bike shop

bit out of your way but i have always found the little bike shop in Chichester south street very good and well priced

if you buy the parts from them they said they would fit for nothing including building wheels
got a qoute for an XTR rear mech and they said they would remove, fit and reset up the gears for nought if i bought it from them
cant say fairer than that really.

built a set of wheels for me supplied dt spokes and built up front and back less than £50 its the wheels on my Specialized epic (red hope hubs / MTX33 camo's)

www.hargrovescycles.co.uk

Quest are good but over priced

Southdown bikes are good, but i have heard of a few horror stories attached to them - talk to TheGreenRabbit

The Bike Store are a very nice bunch of guys, and reasonably priced too, comparatively speaking.

my recommendation goes to the bike shop in chichester - City Cycles, the guy in there is a legend and very well priced.

failing that, have a go yourself ;)

Thanks guys. Generally I do have a go at most things but I want my ride to work 100% perfectly and to be as smooth as possible.

Your comment about horror story's from Southdown is worrying. Another friend recommended them so I was going to there

Monkeeee01":4y95672r said:
Thanks guys. Generally I do have a go at most things but I want my ride to work 100% perfectly and to be as smooth as possible.

Your comment about horror story's from Southdown is worrying. Another friend recommended them so I was going to there

Avoid Southdown Bikes - I'm another horror story victim!!!

Quest good but expensive as said before
No experience of The Bike Store
Nothing but good stuff to say about Blazing Saddles in Rustington though!

I would really encourage you to have a go yourself, a chain whip and cassette tool would cost far less than what you'd spend on getting a shop to do it, and then you have the tools to do it again in the future or help others.

If you were closer I'd come and do it for you, those jobs are so easy

Back