Risse Genesis /Rear shocks 175mm eye to eye

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Moved from off topic

I may be in the market for another shock for my tazmon.The one on it measures 175mm approx Eye-Eye and is for 3" travel
Is there anything else out there that would fit?
Depends on whether my shock is serviceable but if its not what are the options ?

I've been looking for the best part of 10 years, and haven't found anything else to fit.
It is actually a 6.75 x 1.75 shock I believe.

Even if you could get one the right length and stroke, the shock housing and position of the air valve tends to clash with the frame. Don't forget that you need to keep the fixed part towards the front!

On a thread on MTBR someone had a Tazmon fitted with a Fox Alps, but it turns out it was done before he owned the bike by someone who worked for fox, it had a cut down shaft to reduce the travel of a longer shock I think.

The only other option is to Heckler it, but that would miss the point of the frame entirely!

Risse Racing are still in business, and still make shocks to fit. They are also really easy to service.
I need to service my original shock, and the other needs a new shaft. I'm hoping that I can buy all the parts I need from Risse, although $200 for a new Genesis isn't too bad.

I have relatives in the US who will be coming back to the UK in the middle of January, who I shall be using to bring me back a new shock or some spare parts to save on the shipping fees. Let me know if you would like to add some things to my order.

Phill.

phill77":11527ky6 said:
I have relatives in the US who will be coming back to the UK in the middle of January, who I shall be using to bring me back a new shock or some spare parts to save on the shipping fees. Let me know if you would like to add some things to my order.

Phill.

Thanks for the offer,ill keep it in mind :cool:

I think[Hope] mine is ok mechanically with only new seals needing to be fitted,the shaft looks unblemished without the wear band you sometimes see.The shaft also has quite a matt finish to it,im use to seeing coated pistons to be slick and shiny sort of so i cant judge its true condition.

At the moment there is no air in it and there wasnt when it arrived though you can hear the oil slurping through at i move it in and out,so perhaps it has just leaked out over the years or by the seller but because Ive no idea at what pressure these are meant to be run at so i cant pump it in to see if it holds :?
Can you help out there? i weigh around about 12stone.

I'll have to start a thread on this,but theres one up already,dont want to spoil people just yet :LOL:

Attachments

• Santa Cruz Tazmon 001 (Large).JPG
    Santa Cruz Tazmon 001 (Large).JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 753

Latest posts

Back