zoobombing

Coleman

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Found this on BBC news - not sure if its been posted before (apologies if it has).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15591350

Looks like fun and maybe we should create 'mini retros' FATS, Kleins, Fishers etc with a kids bike from the dump and some Halfords spray paint.

Maybe even have a 'downhill' event at a RB meet next year, a retro style dual slalom eliminator like they used to have at XC events before downhilling got more serious would be a laugh I reckon!

Tried that a couple of years ago! Proper off road though, none of this tarmac cheating :roll:
Got 4 or 5 bikes, 12"-20" and gave them a blast down Rogate downhill tracks on the South Downs :D
Good fun, but it quickly loses it's appeal once you realise you're about to die at every corner!

Carlos":1k9emnds said:
Tried that a couple of years ago! Proper off road though, none of this tarmac cheating :roll:
Got 4 or 5 bikes, 12"-20" and gave them a blast down Rogate downhill tracks on the South Downs :D
Good fun, but it quickly loses it's appeal once you realise you're about to die at every corner!

At least you don't have far to fall and beer would probably help with the fear.

during my first year at uni, we found a 4 year olds bike and a barbie scooter in a skip

after weeks of drunken discussion as to which was quicker we raced them round the on-campus "housing estate" we lived on at 3am, with a crowd of 30 people cheering us on

Who says higher education is a waste of money?

and the answer to which was quicker? whichever one i was on ;)

Moved! :roll:

Sorry mods I accidentaly omitted to specify the use of pre 1997 kids bikes in my original post, preferably something like a raliegh grifter to ensure full 'retro' credentials!!

I think maybe a inter region comp at mayhem is in order? Could be a giggle

Check out the MacKlunker thread in MacRetro land, similar lunacy to zoobombing. Also a couple of years back we stupidly asked the FC if we could race kids bikes down the Red Route at Glentress. Their H&S dept just about had a seizure and banned us from even trying it. We should've done it unofficial style :roll:

velomaniac":31anvs88 said:
Check out the MacKlunker thread in MacRetro land, similar lunacy to zoobombing. Also a couple of years back we stupidly asked the FC if we could race kids bikes down the Red Route at Glentress. Their H&S dept just about had a seizure and banned us from even trying it. We should've done it unofficial style :roll:

Just had a read through the MacKlunker thread - that looks like fun. I have a 1930's Raleigh that belonged to my Granpa - would make a great klunker, maybe there will be some southwest representation!

You're right, if its health and safety never ask, just presume it's fine until someone tells you to stop.

Back