Should I upgrade to an x0 rear mech!?

v12jat

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Currently got a 2009 x9 rear mech on my Scott scale. I have been continually upgrading it and my latest things I have bought are a SRAM pg990 cassette in gold, some middleburn chainrings and an Xtr front mech! But crc are doing an xo long cage for 99 pounds plus I have a ten quid off voucher!

I guess what I'm saying is would I notice a difference for shelling out 90 sheets other than a bit more gold and a bit of carbon!?

Or should I put the money toward some better wheels for my gt I drive which has got some Mavic crossrides on!?!?

Opinions please!!!!!

Are you able to tell it's 30g lighter at the back? :?

Most of the top-end stuff seems to be slightly more fragile than the midrange (to save weight) in most brands.

That's why LX and XT goes for good money here - it lasts.

Up to you - it's more about bragging rights than anything else if it's a rider.

I hear what your saying! It's purely going to be s bling upgrade as my current x9 is fine tbh!

They do seem cheap though!
:)

Id say dont bother, as above really.

It is nice to have and all though.

And you dont really need wheels if you have those...

Yeah im gonna stick with the x9! As for the wheels they're nice always wanted some hopes though!

Should stop blitzing cash on bits for my bikes...... :LOL:

I would agree, buy one. You could be sensible and wait till the X9 breaks but get the X.0 for when it does and have it sat in your supplies box...

I'd rather have X0 shifters than an X0 rear mech

The shifters have more of an influence on the shifting than the mechs do, mechs are just a sprung mechanism which will only do what the shifters tell them to do

A rear mech is more likely to get damaged and it's an expensive part to replace if you use the very top end kit

X9 (or XT) is my limit for rear mech's, the difference in shift action between them and X0 (or XTR) is minimal not really worth the extra cash IMHO

Back