99 FSR question......

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
how do i go about removing this part if i want to upgrade to the BETD needle bearing kit?
the plastic washers broken on the shock link as well (the part that attaches to the frame)........

Attachments

• Adur-20111013-00089.jpg
    Adur-20111013-00089.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 594
I think you can replace them with cartridge bearings,
i say think because mines is a 2001 seat stay and it had cartridge bearings installed i just needed to fir the top hat spacers

im sure if you bought the bearings for a 2001 enduro you would have all you needed and save money on the betd kit

bigmick":m2039jag said:
I think you can replace them with cartridge bearings,
i say think because mines is a 2001 seat stay and it had cartridge bearings installed i just needed to fir the top hat spacers

im sure if you bought the bearings for a 2001 enduro you would have all you needed and save money on the betd kit

i am a little bit unsure of exactly how to remove what looks like the threaded rod thats in the shock linkage. cant really see how it would come out, unless i take the top hat spacers out, partially screw an allen bolt in there and pull/tap until it comes out...???

rather conveniently, i have found this image which explains perfectly the part of the link i am on about...

Attachments

• fsr_link.jpg
    fsr_link.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 503
from looking at the BETD kit pics, the bar shouldn't have any threads on it.

if you have the right size socket you should be able to use it to apply enough force (mallet etc) to knock it out enough to be able to get a grip on it and fully remove it.

also by the look of it the BETD kit it contains everything you need, so anything removed should be surplus to requirement.

it should come out without too much trouble, unless of course it's siezed up.
in which case you'll have to give it some which will no doubt end in the removed parts being fooked and no doubt a degree of blood loss on your part. :LOL:

Back