Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
bonjour post 98ers.

I am currently altering my collection as i have a few bikes that dont get ridden and i have no love for them.

In the process i am ending up with various bits and bobs. what are they worth?

Only joking...

my question is this, I have a 1999 specialized Stumpjumper FSR something or other currently fitted with a 98 bomber fork.

I have just split my inbred and have a 2009 (?) rock shox reba sl sat doing nothing. I love this fork but it is disc only.

I have in the post a 1998 klein mantra which is going to be single speed.

which frame should get which fork?

my gut feelin is that i am less bothered about the fsr being period correct as it is "just a bike" to me, i like it, but i dont consider it to be something to get excited about - it is just too new. The mantra, although only a year earlier i feel a little differently about.

If the reba goes on the specialized i will have to got a new shifter pod too as it is an sti unit at the minute and runing avid v's.

If the reba goes on the mantra I can just run a disc on the front and dont need to worry about shifters due to it being singlespeed.

I am told both forks are 100mm

what would scooby do?

Yeah marz to go on the klein! You answered yourself really knew it all along you just wanted confirmation ;)

Haha. Funny you should mention that - there is a terribly listed orange 5 on eBay at the moment

Back