Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
No not mine - Full build details thread here on STW >>
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/my-new-bike-15

What great bodging :p

6222499865_2c3480d4e2_b.jpg

It looks like the first decent compression on the rear shock and the tyre will touch the frame?

It's mine. I removed too much metal from the cseatstay link/inserts and the LH upper one is collapsing :( ... time to re-do....

...however:

Tazio":2covn0jr said:
It looks like the first decent compression on the rear shock and the tyre will touch the frame?

Lots of folk have said that. In reality they should think before typing! There's clearance for 6" of travel, and the frame has 4" with that 38mm shock.

orange71":2covn0jr said:
clogfest :shock:

Let's see you do better...oh dear you're just slagging folk (who are actually doing this stuff) off from behind your keyboard instead! :roll:

Love it Al....
People are entitled to their own opinions about things, but I admit, it does annoy when one gets ripped by people, despite having a) not bothered to read the full account properly, and b) not bothered or cant due to lack of inginuity or talent to do anything for themselves

It might not be to everyones, taste, but then not everyone is cemented in 1991 with pink lycra, massive foam helmets, and flat crossbar'd mountainbikes with rubbish canti and U brakes!!!

Keep up the good work buddy

Nice work :) what pointed you towards the Marin as the basis? I've saw some Turners with fat tyres before but never a Marin.

Thanks gents.

Kaiser - Turner = £££, needs alu welder.

That frame cost £100, and my frame-builder mate helped me with the conversion for a bottle of red!

Back