Heads-up Aldi winter offers from Thursday 29th

I just don't think they are as good value nowadays - I have bought stuff in the past and been pleased with it but the recent stuff is more expensive and not as good quality/fit.
As far as the jackets go - bob over to Ribble Cycles and you can buy an Altura Night vision jacket for £32, available in all sizes. Only £12 more for a proven good buy.
So shop around folks!

Rob Atkin":frqqcdb8 said:
I just don't think they are as good value nowadays - I have bought stuff in the past and been pleased with it but the recent stuff is more expensive and not as good quality/fit.
As far as the jackets go - bob over to Ribble Cycles and you can buy an Altura Night vision jacket for £32, available in all sizes. Only £12 more for a proven good buy.
So shop around folks!
cheers for the post, had never heard of them but jacket arrived this morning, wanted one for ages but wasn't paying £70, £32 is cheaper than used ones go for on ebay

Popped into Aldi on way to work but wasn't impressed with the winter jackets as they seemed a bit cheaply made and didn't seem very good quality

swos":g2ld5471 said:
Popped into Aldi on way to work but wasn't impressed with the winter jackets as they seemed a bit cheaply made and didn't seem very good quality
That's because they're £15

i sent the wife in this morning and she picked up the arm warmers ,leg warmers and the over boots all seem reasonble quality. I know the over boots only last one winter but i paid twice as much last year for another well known make and they didnt didnt last any longer.

Cheers Tony

swos":2oa3kr03 said:
i was on about ribble and the £32 night vision jacket imo a bargain

one that i would never have found since i had never heard of ribble cycles

Got some gloves, socks, shoes, winter tights and a base layer. Gloves are pretty good though the styling is somewhat dated. Socks are a bargain and a half. The shoes are fine, fairly stiff and the fit is generous enough for a winter sock which I want to use them for, still untested though. I intend to tape up the toe box mesh and have them permanetly in a set of overshoes. The tights are a funny size, be aware of this if your thinking of them. And the base layers are always a good buy, as good as items 3 times the price IMO.

I got mixed up and went into the local Lidl to pick up my bargains :roll:

We don't have an Aldi :oops:

I like the look of the windproof longs.Think ill get a pair when it comes round our local store :?

Back