help with pick up,vacaville, california

hurin76

Retrobike Rider
I am looking to buy a new mountain bike off ebay however, the vendor who is selling wishes to add duty plus vat which totals £228. with delivery and original cost of bike it will be 1350 dollars

if someone else picks up and sends it should cost around 900 dollars total. plus costs for time spent.

so if anyone near vacaville california can help pick up and post without the tax/duty it would be of great help. I would of course pay delivery costs and for the time spent messing about.

if anyone can help please pm me

hurin76":2hn45t3p said:
I am looking to buy a new mountain bike off ebay however, the vendor who is selling wishes to add duty plus vat which totals £228. with delivery and original cost of bike it will be 1350 dollars

how can US verndor do that? duty and VAT is charged by UK customs.

... and UK cutomers are no fools, they have departments that figure out ways to fleece you - items posted to UK must have a value declared and they will base the duty/vat on that so putting a low figure may not guarantee success - parcels labelled "gift" or "free sample" may be exempt fom duty as is seen often on ebay but you need to look into that.

I suspect you won't get away with it - one option could be to fly to US on a cheap ticket?

Not sure how the guy can add duty and VAT as he won't pay it at his end as far as I am aware. Surely this will be picked up when it hits these shores?

Back