Specialized Shark Fin re-manufacture ?

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
It seems obvious from the various threads here or elsewhere that there are a large number of us FSR owners looking for a Shark Fin. Would it be possible to get these re-manufactured? Is it the sort of thing we could get a small run of? Are they cast and then machined? Would a small engineering firm be able to do it? How much interest is there really out there?

thinking they are cast then machined.
no reason why they couldn't be remanufactured.

i have one but would be willing for it to be used as a template as long as i get it back :LOL:

Thanks for the offer - but to my surprise there appears to be very little interest in this - unless we should try in the show your FSR thread?

kind of a long shot i know but have you considered contacting the UK importer for specialized ?

they may have some knocking about the place, or may know of a horde of them somewhere.

worth a shot though ....... right ?

SPECIALIZED UK, LTD.
29 Barwell Business Park
Leatherhead Road, Chessington Surrey
KT9 2NY
Great Britain
Tel: +44 (0)20 8391 3500
Fax: +44 (0)20 8391 3501
E-mail: sales@specializeduk.com
E-mail: customerservice@specializeduk.com

Khane":15wyz1mr said:
kind of a long shot i know but have you considered contacting the UK importer for specialized ?

they may have some knocking about the place, or may know of a horde of them somewhere.

worth a shot though ....... right ?

SPECIALIZED UK, LTD.
29 Barwell Business Park
Leatherhead Road, Chessington Surrey
KT9 2NY
Great Britain
Tel: +44 (0)20 8391 3500
Fax: +44 (0)20 8391 3501
E-mail: sales@specializeduk.com
E-mail: customerservice@specializeduk.com

i would think they would have surfaced by now people have been hunting them for years

best bet imo is to look for 2001 rear end and upgrade to cartridge bearings while you are at it

bigmick":2og468rn said:
Khane":2og468rn said:
never hurts to ask ;)
you should take yours to a local engineers or ironmonger see if you can get a decent price duplicate and sell them on ebay

i agree. i'd be interested if you got a replica made...although i'd probably want it FEA tested first ;) :p

Back