Bike storage

samsbike

Retro Guru
How do you store the bikes and keep damage to a minimum?

I have 2 bikes and an assortment of child scooters and bikes.

A lot of paintwork damage on my cannondale has been to inadequate storage.

But the bikes have no stands and I have no idea how to keep them from scratching each other.

thanks

sam

If your bikes are worth it, invest in a few proper bike racks;I prefer the stand alone racks that hold two bikes, with the plastic cups on adjustable steel arms. Let me see if I have a pic:

here we go:
IMG_0008.jpg

I'll find one of the whole rack, or just take a pic. Two of these will safely hold six bikes if you buy the additional arms, and the bikes don't weigh over 30 pounds each.

samsbike":1n8w4rne said:
I have 2 bikes and an assortment of child scooters and bikes.

Storing any child related stuff separately from your bikes would be a good start (if possible).

I posted a similar thread a while back but there's a thread on here which is pretty good for looking at your options, think its "show us your man cave" lots of pics of peoples sheds, garages and rooms in their houses etc for inspiration. ;)

Nice WTB BTW, and rack. :D

hi

cheers for the cave man thing will do a search.

Everything is crammed into a garage, with a motorcycle and bookshelves etc.

its a bloody nightmare and it really isnt my cave as my wife has decided she has rights to half of it!!

get some of that pipe lagging foam stuff and cut bits to fit the chain/seat stays ,down tube and top tube
if one bikes against a wall with the other beside it you'll only need to do the outside bike

either that or just throw the kids crap out :LOL:

here to help

mikee":2rx0szes said:
get some of that pipe lagging foam stuff and cut bits to fit the chain/seat stays ,down tube and top tube
if one bikes against a wall with the other beside it you'll only need to do the outside bike

either that or just throw the kids crap out :LOL:

here to help

That's a great idea. I think the wife is chucking my stuff out before the kids!

And their stuff seems to be increasing expontially

Back