Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:23 pm 
Retro Guru

Still on the mend :roll:

I have been out on the Boardman around 3/4 times now, last sunday i managed 12 miles and felt ok`ish, it was hard to get off the bike at the end as the hip seamed to lock up in the cycle position.

Today at work i only took pain killers in the morning and did the rest of the day without, which is major progress.

The rib injury is a PITA, it does not really bother me at all during the day, but lieing down in bed is a "yooowch" move, every single time, it feels like crap, then kind of gets used to its new possition and tends to not hurt at all, until i have to get up again in the morning :roll:

I plan to order up some rims tomorrow (payday) so i can make a start on building some new wheels up for the FSR, i actually miss riding it a bit, which is wierd as i had hardly got to know it, before i destroyed my body by crashing it :D

Went back to the scene of the crash last sunday to try and piece together what sent wrong, i looked at what i actually did and thought "fook me" :lol:

Randomly i was missing my rides a few weeks ago and was searching for a video online of the track i was on to try and show a mate what i was doing when i crashed.

A new video was uploaded a few days after my crash, so i checked it out, and it only turned out to be two of the lads who helped sort me out! they fixed me up and then spent the day making a video of the area.

Managed to get in contact with them via "facebook" and i have passed on my thanks yet again, one of them asked how the bike was :lol: will be going out for a proper ride with them when i am fully fixed, i feel like i should be good in another 2 weeks or so.

The video if anybody is interested :)

http://youtu.be/bSeeHxGKHFI

This FSR will be flying through the air again soon, hopefully with me in control of it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:32 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

just watched the vid, is the section where you came off in it at all?
funny how you say you miss your FSR. I took mine out for the first time this weekend gone and i absolutely loved it. cant wait to get back out there :) just about to get hold of some wheels and brakes off here to help me beef up my ride too :) for a first time out, i have no complaints about the bike at all, a pleasure to ride :)
i'm probably not helping with your withdrawals from your bike!
here's to a speedy full recovery! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:56 pm 
Retro Guru

Good to hear your on the mend, came off my FSR on Sunday and fractured my wrist and collected a few cuts and bruises, mainly to my lower back and ribs.

Bike survived virtually unscathed though :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Good to see you are on the mend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:09 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Your story of stupid bravery and big injuries has made me even more keen to get my bike built up and then go injure myself :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:29 pm 
Retro Guru

LMFAO!

:lol:

I managed another 15 mile yesterday on the Boardman, feeling a bit better each time, although i was struggling to stand up properly by the time i came home, felt a LOT better today at work though, so it is defo helping the recovery.

The section i came off is in the video, although to be honest, the 2 lads who knew what they were doing in the video, seamed to go a lot slower than i did, maybe this is why they know what they are doing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:40 pm 
Retro Guru

Not the best photo, but i have managed to get some subtle FSR graphics back onto the bike this morning, they came from DN5 as i had no joy at all with the chap from this forum.

2 pms
2 emails

:roll:

Anyway, i have a wheel to build up this week for my other bike, and then my Mavic rims from the Boardman bike, will be going onto the FSR :-)

Edit: this photo reminds me that i need some of them "plug" things for the ends of the handle bars :D