Hello, can you help me please?

warchild

Retro Newbie
Hello people!

I'm Chris and a few months ago I bought a Scott G Zero FX4 on Ebay. Love the bike but wondering if anyone knew of any info on this bike? Found a few bits and bobs on the net and even contacted Scott but they don't have any info on this bike or spare parts so I'm wondering how old this bike is? 2002/2004? Can anyone help at all? I also have the original front and rear shox on it which I assume will need an overhaul at some point. The gearing and brakes have been updated but I am a little lost on this rest as I don't know what I exactley have so if any one has any info they can pass on, I would be very grateful.

Peace and keep riding,

Warchild aka Chris

get a couple more posts under your belt and post up a couple of pics.
as they say a picture can tell a thousand words ;)

welcome to the site BTW :D

Thanks Khane, I had come accross that site before as well. I will try to take some pics tonight and post up here tomorrow. I think the Swing arm on the back has the bracket for disc brakes but as the review suggests, the front forks aren't the best. I have torn around my local trail and not come a croper yet, so I think I need to get some new forks but they are so expensive! Anyway, I will post some pics on here, you can see what I got on the bike and go from there really. But thanks for your help and advice mate! :D

Khane":p010epmr said:
if nothing else we are helpful here :D

what are the forks on it by the way ?

Helpful is good enough for me!

Ha ha, that's a good question. As far as I'm aware, from the gent I purchased it, they are an early Rock Shox. Further seraching told me that they most probably are MCU & Coil, and have about 90mm of travel. I cannot see any marking on the forks. Size is unknown and they do not have disc brake post. They are yellow (as the rest of the bike) which leads me to think they are the same that came originally with the bike. They have 2 adjusters on the crown tops, no crown bolts and a bolt on the left hand underside of fork. I did look at the right but it was such a mess, I wasn;t sure if the damper was there or even if there is one.

Sorry, I am a noob at this, bought a bike I liked and it was cheap and decent size for me.

description could put it as a SID but could also make them judys.

i would err to the side of judys though as judys came in yellow where as i can't find any yellow SIDs ( i've been proven wrong many times before :LOL: )

pics will clear it up ;)

1 more post and i think you can post links & pics.

yay for pics! :LOL: :D

I swear an old pal of mine had a black and yellow g zero (which was purportedly carbon)

cyfa2809":11wj7dme said:
yay for pics! :LOL: :D

I swear an old pal of mine had a black and yellow g zero (which was purportedly carbon)

Hi!

Yep! Mine is mainly yellow and the swind arm is black. At home now so may get to post the pics if this means I can do so now!

I think the forks could be Judy's but hopefully the pics will sort it out. Thet are old style forks with the rubber boots on the top.

Don't laugh though when I post the pics. :oops:

Im no expert but i dont think sids came with boots (at least from that era)

Should be good for pics now

Back