Tyres for wet roots

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Whats best :? I know its really down to personal choice but lets hear some stories and why you prefer your choice.

I only have a couple of sets that get used for just about everything but recently i experienced pretty bad grip on my onza porcs 2 over the general red route in Drumlanrig.
In truth its new legs im needing :oops: :LOL: but tyres will help me first. :D

rosstheboss":1qjtaeae said:
Wet roots?

In my experience, it's more luck than tyres to keep you upright!!!!

Agree. But running soft tyres helps me get over them

Fat gnarly low psi tyres and picking your line are whats needed ;)

Bizarely I find tyres usually reviled as cheap and nasty to be quite good as often they have thick side walls that resist pinch flats at low pressure and can take a battering when the tyre side slips into a rock etc.

il be the one too commit then im saying schwalbe nobby nics in 2.1 suffolks full of wet roots and thats just the locals ba ba boom i love em all round great tyre but its gotta be the evo tripple compound ones though ;)

The was a chap at the drum washing his bike in the wash area,was behind me in the queue,he was using a tube that had the tread low and very well spaced out.Not sure if this chap was with us :oops: and forgot to ask what they were.
Maxxis :?

Kenda Nevegal sticky usually work at about 35psi but as everyone said it's luck, a bit of trying to un-weight the bike also helps. :D

Those roots at Drum were quite slippy though :D

Back