2001 Kona Catalogue

unkleGsif

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I cant seem to find a 2001 kona catalogue anywhere..... kona retro just links to konaworld, and I cant find it on there anywhere (the ones here only go up to 2000)

basically I am looking for details of tube material for a kilauea of that period. was it tange, reynolds or kona's own doublebutted?

thanks

unkleGsif":haaq7z2e said:
I cant seem to find a 2001 kona catalogue anywhere..... kona retro just links to konaworld, and I cant find it on there anywhere (the ones here only go up to 2000)

basically I am looking for details of tube material for a kilauea of that period. was it tange, reynolds or kona's own doublebutted?

thanks

Bud.. pm a guy called "Anthony" , very helpful and knowledgable.

Ernie ;)

2001 info can be found here on http://www.klassickona.com/ although the Kilauea is not mentioned. I seem to remember it being available as a frame only, steel, gloss black, with shiney silver, black and white decals (I remember one hanging on the wall at Sunset MTB in Cardiff).

unkleGsif":1gix0xwk said:
....basically I am looking for details of tube material for a kilauea of that period. was it tange, reynolds or kona's own doublebutted?

thanks

I can't see it in the 2001 Tech Manual, so maybe it was only available as a frameset.

This may answer your question, as it appears to be 2001 Decals - pic number 3.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI. ... SS:GB:1123

Pip.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
DAMMIT! :cry:

i was trying to keep that ebay ad on the downlow, as I am DESPERATE for that frame, but getting married and on a VERY limited budget

I have the tech docs (I think) and catalogues on the computer somewhere, must have forgotten to upload it. I remember, I felt bad putting the late 90's on. but can do the early 00's if people want. (and I can find them again)

unkleGsif":2071a1c0 said:
....i was trying to keep that ebay ad on the downlow, as I am DESPERATE for that frame, but getting married and on a VERY limited budget

Did you get it?
Not sure about the actual size though - the seller seems rather unclear with quoting several measurements?
I would think that £59 could be a considered a bargain!
Pip.

FluffyChicken":y2i9v999 said:
ooh and I put the Catalogue (missing a few bits iirc) and the Tech docs into the archive a few days ago now.

Cheers - that's good of you.

Mmm, like we thought... no mention of the Kilauea?

Pip.

pipmeister":16j7er0o said:
FluffyChicken":16j7er0o said:
ooh and I put the Catalogue (missing a few bits iirc) and the Tech docs into the archive a few days ago now.

Cheers - that's good of you.

Mmm, like we thought... no mention of the Kilauea?

Pip.

No mention anywhere and it wasn't on their old sites either BitD, not even as a frame or special edition.

Back