Concrete Circus

I used to ride flatland. I am not kidding, it is the hardest cycle sport I know of, and takes many many years longer to learn than any other sport. It's just ridiculous.
When he said he'd been riding 16 years I thought "sounds about right". And when you think that long, you may be thinking he's out 2 or 3 days a week for a while to get that good. Think again. We are talking 8+ hours a day, every day.
It's just so hard. Unless you have some inbuilt circus skills it takes hundreds and hundreds of times to get each move. He demonstrated a hang five, something i never managed to do after 2-3 years of trying (along with other stuff too).
I do like the free running very impressive, always enjoy that. I like to see kids in town trying it out too, can only be good for them I hope.

Best bit of ALL was seeing Hans "No Way" Rey though - the legend!!

Danny macaskill - good but same old (and they act like he is the only trials rider ever)

They were all amazing but the free runners really scared me, some of the gaps and drops they coped with were incredible. I especially liked that jump the free runner did in the Barbican centre down that circular balcony :shock:

That was awesome, i caught it on +1 and was like wow lol, obviously ive seen parkur or freerunning or whatever you call it before, along with Danny Mac, but just how fluid they are always impresses, and the guy spinning on the bmx and drawing a cloud shape on the deck with his tyre was really cool!

Loved it, saw it on +1 too, really enjoyed them all but the "narrative" added to the free running was a bit naff. I would have liked to have seen more air in the boarding one too but I guess that wasn't what he was about.

One jump with the free running was scary, where the guy just leaps kind of cat like
And you think if you miss, your hitting that wall face on :shock: <then your face will look like that

Back