On One cable routing

PhilStone

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Having had a long enough play on my MuniMula and deciding I'm definitely getting back into biking, I've decided to treat myself to a new steel frame... After nearly being lured in by a Voodoo Wanga, which despite being gorgeous was just slightly too small, I'm now looking at the On-One Inbreds.

However, ideally the Inbred I want is the 2nd Gen vertical dropout - will take V's and all the cabling is definitely top tube routed, but On-One don't have them anymore but instead their new Inbred SwapOut which is designed to be swappable between normal use and SS use.. Whihc is fine and it still takes V brakes... BUT it looks from the website that the cable routing is now down the down tube, apart from meaning that I'd need a new front mech it also means that a chain stay protector will rub and all the cables are exposed to mud/crap... Having emailed On-One to ask they're telling me that the cables are still top tube mounted... I'm trying to get definite confirmation that the top pull mechs will still work (even though the pictures say otherwise) before I order...

Alternatively does anyone have a good/almost new condition 2nd Gen inbred they'd sell? (18")

Cheers

I've just finished transfering the bits from a Scandal 29er to a new Inbred Swapout 29er and... the cable routing is a big disappointment.
Basically as you suspected it's designed for down tube routing with a BB slider and exposed gear wires.
It needs a bottom pull front mech and if you intend to run one piece rear mech cable you have to improvise with cable ties.

It looks from the pictures like 26" and 29" versions are the same.

Shame... has just prevented me from buying a brand new Inbred...

Instead just got myself a 2009 456... :twisted:

I built an Inbred for a mate a couple of months back, which was a brand new frame. Cables were all top mounted. They were open cable stops though so you had to run full length cables (from memory).

Heavy frames mind, must be 4.5-5lbs. His broke after a month or so on one of the chainstay welds. Pretty sure he got a replacement sorted though.

Back