Why do Pace Forks have 165 disc max?

palti

Dirt Disciple
Just wondering why Pace say no bigger than 165mm rotor for disks? Is it a problem with size into the forks or the loads? I have a pair of RC36 Stealth's and just wondering if I really am limited to 160's?

I would hazard a guess it's the additional torque a larger disc will generate on the caliper mount.

FMJ":2yet3zha said:
I would hazard a guess it's the additional torque a larger disc will generate on the caliper mount.

yeah
you could probably run bigger but IF they break, only yourself to blame

pace are weak :twisted: :LOL:

oh i didn't know that............. best find a new adaptor and disc :LOL:
i'm running mine with a 203 disc :oops:

suburbanreuben":1mnympl3 said:
Sell them back to a Yorkshireman and get some decent forks. ;)

WELL im a Yorkshire man and i would'nt want them thanks, i thought i was buying a decent pair of forks when i bid and won some RC36Evo's, god oohhh mighty what a pile of junk.

To shed a little light on the matter.

I bought a new RC-200 team issue back in 1997 which was equipped with RC-36 evos and was equipped with Hope C2 brakes with a 155 rotor and an adaptor clamp to fix the caliper to the fork.

I had the bike two weeks and noticed a fatigue mark in the titaniun nitride coating on the stansion just below the crown.

I sent them back to Pace and they replaced the fork. I took the bike over to the alps for two weeks. When I came back after normal XC riding the same witness marks could be seen in the stansion, but this time it had also started to deform the tube. Again I sent the fork back to pace and it was replaced.

I refitted the third fork. It was in perfect condition when I fitted it. As an experiment I rode the bike up and down the road and braked four or five times using the front brake to do and emergency stop.

Upon inspection of the forks ten mins later I could see the witness marks and deformation happening again.

I called Pace to explain what had gone on and said that I thought that the disc brake set up was putting too much force though the fork. It was replaced again.

I sold the fork after that and fitted another brand that worked for many years without issue.

Back