Grizedale NF Trail - 16/07/2011

Nick C

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just like to say ello to the Retro bunch at Grizedale this weekend, didn't catch all the bikes or any names, but there was certainly a nice Orange amongst the group. Thanks for letting us full sussers go first and thanks for not laughing when you passed us. :cool:

Did you find the NF route quite tame, the climb was quite nice ?

I did the red (NF) Route from just above Moor Top (somewhere between moor top and High cross), then to the section with the new big stones at the end, down the long run. Then pootled up the climb and the next bit.
Didn't do the rest as it just looked like a few very short section with lots of long linking fireroad.
The run on the bridleway from between the climb and the next section straight down across another bridleway and back to the main centre was far better (like the bottom of a river bed with the water flowing down it) that was great fun.

What was the section I missed like?

Personally I think they made too much use of wooden walkways and not enough of the natural trail (I know they have to lay all the harsh slate down to protect it though :( )

I personally enjoy the trail, but it's also the one I'm most familiar with and visit frequently when we want a fun hour or two without having to read a map. ;)

Aside from the initial climb and the fire road sections, the following video I put together a few weeks back, includes most of the singletrack sections.

http://vimeo.com/25068079

Back