Olympic MTB Test Event This Month.

roadking

Senior Retro Guru
The road guys weren't interested in the Road and Track Test Events...I thought I'd let you guys in on the secret!

In preparation for the 2012 Olympic MTB event the course is being"tested"on July 31st 2011 - THIS MONTH.

The course is at Hadleigh Farm, the event is the Hadleigh Farm International.

I am only the messenger.

Roadking.

Well I won't be spectating, not because of the alcohol or weapons ban....
"Unreasonable quantities of food (i.e. beyond the equivalent of a small packed lunch)"
I've never made a small packed lunch :)

The list of restrictions is quite extensive, 500ml limit for a drink per person is a bit much for a few hours on a mid summers day, if you were a skeptic you'd think they were trying to force you to use the vendors inside.

The Ken":8zvzix29 said:
if you were a skeptic you'd think they were trying to force you to use the vendors inside.

Which would be OK if it was nice healthy fare, but Penny to a pound it won't be!

quote="The Ken"] if you were a skeptic you'd think they were trying to force you to use the vendors inside.[/quote]

They wouldn't do that would they :x :roll: The Olympics are such shit.

I'll leave London while that is going on.

No large flags, banners or oversized hats

That's gonna piss off the Mexicans and pumpkin size head people.

Will there be a a turnstile that does not let in hats above a certain size? The mind boggles.

tintin40":2ra3a7j9 said:
quote="The Ken"] if you were a skeptic you'd think they were trying to force you to use the vendors inside.

They wouldn't do that would they :x :roll: The Olympics are such shit.

I'll leave London while that is going on.[/quote]

rent your place to an olympian or olympic tourist

very good idea, our friend has a 4 bedroom house in a modern housing estate in Carnoustie and whenever the Golf Open is on she rents through the Open/Golf organisation and gets £5000 for the 2 weeks - they just go on holiday or stay with family. Their house gets vetted before the event.
I guess london rates could be even more for that time.

Back