Trek Y3 noobie question.....

1997BlackC5

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Good afternoon, was gonna do an introduction thread with photo's attached but apparantly I have to have 5 posts before I am able to attach photo's. Anyway I have just finished building a Trek Y3 (a bike that does not seem to register on this site for some reason) & was looking for a bit of advice. The Y3 was introduced in 1997, my bike is either a 1997 or a 1998. Where should I be posting? I guess here is the right place but if your bikes production run goes over the 1998 cut off is it still 'retro'?

Welcome to the site :)

Get some more posts racked up and get some pictures up in here. Be good to see a Trek Y.

I nearly bought a Y back in 1997, but got a Marin Mount Vision in the end. The Trek was a cooler bike with it's Carbon front triangle, but the URT suspension put me off.

Look forward to the pics :)

Hope you like......not quite back to origional, but I like it :D

May_2011_023.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

I have posted these pictures in the Retro MTB Chat & the Reader's MTBs--->1997 as I was not quite sure as to which forum I should be posting in!

Finally got the Panaracer Smoke tyres on the Trek yesterday, here's a quike pic of the Trek newly shod with my latest resto Saracen Rufftrax......

bike002.jpg

Back