20 inch kids bike

I cannot comment on the Kona other than to say I'd be very skeptical about that fork, but I would check out Islabikes.
http://islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/pdfs/ ... _Large.pdf

We are now on our 5th (between two boys) and they still haven't been bettered.

While they cost a bit more upfront, you'll get that extra back when you sell. I even bought one secondhand and got exactly the same price back for it 18 months later!

Looks OK to me - depending on usage. My 2 started out on Specialized Hard Rock and Gary Fisher 20" bikes with similar forks.

However Isla bikes are really very good. I wish there was something similar here in Denmark.....

dbmtb":2nqwzaw8 said:
Looks OK to me - depending on usage. My 2 started out on Specialized Hard Rock and Gary Fisher 20" bikes with similar forks.

However Isla bikes are really very good. I wish there was something similar here in Denmark.....

Maybe they need an importer or outlet to bring them in.

Islabikes. The forks on most kids' bikes are just dead weight. Last time I checked, the Islabike was knocking on 5lb lighter than the competition (might have been for 24in wheels, but even so, that's a lot). They're not always more expensive, either, and make strong money on ebay, so actual cost of ownership is pretty agreeable.

Just bought one of these:

http://www.islabikes.co.uk/bike_pages/beinn20.html

for eldest (5). It's her third, youngest is starting to work his way through the earlier ones now :)

Islabike is a weight weenie Gaz - you should like it, paint chips easily but the bike is lovely.
Daughter has a hotrock and that is nice too but a bit heavier with the forks.

I've also got miniken's old Trek MT60 sitting in the shed if you want a cheap deal, just needs brakes and some re-building, perhaps a new BB but I've never striped it down. It is heavier though with the pogo stick front sus. But is infinately adjustable (even has 2 pedal holes in each crank) - lasted mK from 7 till 11 - never raced or rallied ;)

Knowing you though, I would recommend a self build with an old hot rock frame - like I did with miniKens 46er.

img_1304_104.jpg

img_1317_704.jpg

The Ken":3h4yf8wd said:
Islabike is a weight weenie Gaz - you should like it, paint chips easily but the bike is lovely.
Daughter has a hotrock and that is nice too but a bit heavier with the forks.

I've also got miniken's old Trek MT60 sitting in the shed if you want a cheap deal, just needs brakes and some re-building, perhaps a new BB but I've never striped it down. It is heavier though with the pogo stick front sus. But is infinately adjustable (even has 2 pedal holes in each crank) - lasted mK from 7 till 11 - never raced or rallied ;)

Knowing you though, I would recommend a self build with an old hot rock frame - like I did with miniKens 46er.

img_1304_104.jpg

img_1317_704.jpg

will pm you tonight TK as I could get the bike resprayed- his only requirement is that it be the same colour as kilmarnock hence the kona :LOL:

Back