Reckon it might just catch on...

bryan555

Retrobike Rider
This weekend my mate steve gave me a Cove (a source of many jokes) to ride at Afan.

It came equipped with gears and suspension forks. The gears I knew would make the uphills easier and any flat road speedier. A bonus, but I would have been happy with one gear.

The thing that amazed me were the forks! Having given up on suspension since ditching my rc35s I haven't felt the need. I am rarely unable to keep up on a downhill and often cruise past riders on downhill rigs, I just thought it was a comfort / fashion thing.

After riding the afan trails with 130mm travel up front I can see what all the fuss is about. One can go rather fast without falling off. I hardly needed to touch the brakes, but if I did it wasn't a near death experience!

I'm not planning on buying any suspension in the immediate future, but I think it might catch on...

Have to say I was astounded when I got a bike with 130mm on after riding my RC36 for 12 years. Made me go out and get some rear sus as well which while I am glad I waited till it has come on as far as it has I wish I had done it earlier.

bryan555":uxvp8boj said:
tintin40":uxvp8boj said:
it wont catch on with me.

:D :cool: :D

I'm not planning to go all bouncy ether.

Good man :D Ride organic ride rigid :D :LOL:

It is a shame that it's become popular that susser kit :roll:

Back