Fixie/Single-Speed Forum??

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
How about a separate forum area for the Fixie and Single Speed builds?

As most of the cooler ones are being built with Retro frames, I thought it would be good to have a separate section, instead of trawling through the Road Bike bit!!

I'm considering a build myself, so it might be good to be able to channel all the knowledge to one place!

Just a thought!!

:?

Surely a sticky would suffice, perhaps one in the 'Retro' section, and one here for >98 bikes?

I'm thinking the beauty of singlespeeding is in the simplicity!

I'd love to see a sticky thread too! I reckon whatever the bike/frame it should be in BC1998> though. misteroo you should start a 'The Big Singlespeed and Fixed wheel thread' thread and ask john to sticky it.

Oooh its all very exciting! :p

I've PM'd John to see what his views are first, if not then I'll start a thread as you suggest.

Although I don't ride one myself, I have a 1981 Holdsworth, with Campag/SR/GB etc that I want to convert. So I think that it would be good to have all the knowledge available. They do seem to be getting more popular!!

Watch this space.

My take on this is that fixies are really a "now" thing... and there are plenty of other fora for discussions of modern-type fixed bikes.

Sure - track bike restorations are a fitting subject for "road" but what next? A separate section for cyclo-cross bikes and one for internally-geared bikes?

I think level of activity in "road" at the moment doesn't really justify another subdivision...

I'm happy enough to put up a sticky thread for such builds.

As per dbmtb not sure there's enough traffic to subdivide the road forum again.

Back