Recommend me some brake cable outers

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looking for some top end brake cable outers (and inners) - not sure I want to go quite as far as Gore, but what else is there. Looking for something a little fancy maybe in braided or similar perhaps? Ideally they need to perform well, though, good seal etc.

I think XTR seal slightly better but you can't knock the looks of goodridge ....

DSC05636.jpg

DSC05635.jpg

I have fitted them to the airborne around the seat tube / head tube area with ilink frame protectors and they look very, very cool :cool: :cool:

WD :D

I had some Goodridge on the Pace for about three months. when I stripped it down to shift parts to another frame I noticed that the last section of gear outer feeding the rear mech was rusty. That bike had barely seen water since the cables were fitted and was going to reuse them but decided against after seeing that.

I have fitted SRAM Pitstop Flak Jackets now and like the look of em but remains to be seen how long they last I suppose. I only went for them because the blue pipe on the Goodridges is red on the SRAM cable.

i really like my nokon ones
but i didnt pay for the parts (traded)
and as such, i think theyre overpriced

not overpriced because they underperform or whatever

theyre just damn expensive!

my Proflex had Goodridge cables on it when I got it, and still does, they are quality in my opinion.
Although I used to have the Gore-Tex "Ride-On" cables many years ago, and sure they were expensive to begin with, but I never had cable problems or had to change them... ever... they were sold with the bike a few years later.

there seem to be two sorts of Ride On - 'sealed' (around £42 for brakes) and 'low friction' (around £28 ). I'm guessing sealed are much better?

Back