Went to LBS today and...

EarlofBarnet

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I went to my local bike shop today with the aim of looking over a potential new xc bike. One hour later I left with a 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp HT and a part-time job!

Very pleased with the bike. Had a Stumpy HT back in 2002/3 and it was a great all rounder.

Doing my first 3hrs 'work' on Saturday helping to strip down a few bikes. Should help pay for my shiny bike habbit. Haha.

Pics of bike to follow :)

Haha, yup it was a bit random. I was trying to get a deal on the bike and he just wanted to talk about staff etc.

They seem to buy damaged bikes from suppliers and then split them for parts. There was a lovely carbon road bike with a snapped seatstay that they'd split. Bit of a shame as it looked a nice frame.

I've known the owner of the shop for over 10yrs, so it'll be good to help out. Bit of a shame I'm in the middle of year-end accounts at the day job!

8ac94be6.jpg

5622da17.jpg

Love it :)

EarlofBarnet":lbskcodc said:
Mmm...wife has come home and doesn't agree! I got nearly 30% off the rrp, I'm happy. Haha :)

run her down on your new bike! :twisted: :LOL:

i think it looks like a happy meal toy. :oops:

not a fan of glossy paint jobs unless they are plain white, not a fan of curved top tubes, and after riding my bro's hardrock a couple of years ago..... i'm not a huge fan of spesh either (although i am open minded enough to give a 'proper' one a go in the future to try and change my mind)

personal preference and all that! :cool:

Jax: Ouch! I quite like the colour scheme. When I was looking at the catalogue pics online I wasn't too keen, but it looks very nice in the metal.

dirty: Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back