chain reaction cycles awful customer service

Faghetaboutit

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi there has anyone else had bad dealings with chain reaction cycles customer service? I purchaced a magura service kit from them over a month ago, it never showed so I rang to see what the crack was. They said it has been put on back order as the item is out of stock, I asked when the item would be in stock and the said magura had given them no date. I then asked for a refund as I couldn't wait forever and they said that was fine. Since the first phone call I have made 4 further calls to them to chase this refund up, everytime they claimed the money would be returned the following morning as they don't process refunds afyter dinner time?! Wtf I feel as if I'm being fobbed off big time.

Sorry always been superb for me, they even provided me with very reduced cranks when mine broke after 2 years due to a suspected fault or bad treatment.

Paid with Visa debit? Phone your bank and ask them to do a chargeback if it is within 120 days.

Carl.

the only flaw with crc is the lack of "sales" stock, bar that ive always had a good service from them for about 7-8 years now , goodluck with you're re-fund,
Lee.

I like CRC for choice and value and nice website but...... ordered some bits on Weds night, paid additional £4.99 for 24hr delivery option (expecting delivery on Friday) and guess what...........

NOTHING!!

Hopefully my bits will make an appearance in the morning??

the now banned marin man had trouble with them a while back
his item didnt turn up
i think they re sent it in the end

Have stopped using them. They never have what I want in stock and usually have a few weeks lead time to get it in stock. Rang another shop when I was after some brakes who also didn't have them in stock but got them off Hope within a couple of days. You would think CRC would have enough buying power to get stock quickly unless they have exhausted credit streams maybe?

Superb company, sure they F up once in a while but I can count the poor experiences in the single digit percentage.

Personally I like Wiggle a bit more due to their listed stock levels. But it is good to hear that MM got stiffed by CRC, they obviously have class, maybe I should start using them again in support.

Back