Colour co-ordination advice please

orange71

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm having a nice custom built steel frame made for me. I have black wheels with black spokes already. Frame colour will be a single colour (possibly orange).

Cranks will be silver (Middleburn).

So, should I have silver stem and seat post or black stem and seatpost to go with the ensemble?

For orange I reckon all black looks nice and mean. Alternatively, for my orange Salsa I used a sprinkle of everything, kinda ultra rasta rainbow, I think you can get away with so many colours with orange.

5502091859_91d4dc8c78_z.jpg

but can you have black wheels/seatpost/stem with silver cranks? Then where does this leave the handlebar (colourwise :LOL: )?

well for the bars you should be getting your luv handles colour coded :) whatya thinking silver thomson post and stem?

kaiser":3ixv8ei6 said:
well for the bars you should be getting your luv handles colour coded :)

well I would definitely.... except you can't have bar ends on Luv Handles and I just can't ride without bar ends (must be a singlespeed thing as you're out of the saddle so much)

kaiser":3ixv8ei6 said:
whatya thinking silver thomson post and stem?

exactly what I was thinking :D

Black frame and wheels, Silver this and that...
Maybe even a bit of purple here and there! :shock:
Stealthy bling.

my latest build has black cranks & silver stem & post.

it doesn't look bad to me, but I would change the silver bits black or the black bit silver if i had the opportunity purely to get all 3 matched up. (ignore the pedals..... i think they are gonna be swapped out for something else)

i managed to get a close-ish match on the wheel rims & handlebar which works quite well IMO - i just need to sort out the red stuff to try and get it all the same shade of red and i'm laughing!

2011-05-06182146.jpg

Do you not fancy any of the latest buzz colours? Think singular and what not. Try and find some NAHBS threads.

Back