Hi from a Newbie......

Jimmy oldskool

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
Hi guys!

I still can't believe that there's a WHOLE site and community devoted to the things that I loved as a teenager!! :D

Every thread is like a trip down memory lane!

I started riding at about 11 on a Raleigh Lizard!!! It was much too big and was thankfully stolen! :LOL: I then went to a Ridgeback 702LX, which I think was a '90 or '91 (Pink with a Deore LX group) Then as I started racing (With Viking Wheelers in the Slough area) My dad treated me to a 15" '92 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX, which we had fitted with XT mechs, XT thumbies and a pair of Manitous. By then the bug had really bitten and the monthly MBUK with the latest kit in and a friendship struck up with the local bike shop meant a Zaskar LE and Specialized M2 Team joined the Alpinestars. By the ripe old age of 16, I had discovered girls and by 17 the riding had pretty much stopped and the bikes were ridiculously sold off to pay the insurance for my first car, although the Alpinestars stayed around for a few more years until I bought my first flat and then it had to go! :cry:

Kids and a career have followed, but I always regretted getting rid of the Alpinestars and it was while looking around for one that I found this site, RESULT! And I was pleased to see that a few CRO-MEGA DX still exist, as well as the holy grail that is the Ti-MEGA!!!!!!

With 2 showcar builds underway, a largish house, 3 kids and a wife that enjoys being 'kept', the budget for my retro dream machine is somewhat less than I'd like it to be, however I am back on a bike, that I have been unsuccessful in resisting the urge to upgrade, even though it was brand new, NOS model! (2005) and as we all know too well, have picked up a side project to play with in the evenings!!!!!

I guess it's all downhill from here!!!
:LOL:

welcome! great little tale and most certainly akin to many others on here!

you already fit in :cool:

If you fancy an evening ride we meet at Chicksands most weeks. See the 'Chicksands Thursday Night Rides' thread in the Anglian group section.

Cheers for the kind words guys......

REKIBorter":2xr5wevh said:
If you fancy an evening ride we meet at Chicksands most weeks. See the 'Chicksands Thursday Night Rides' thread in the Anglian group section.

I'll be in touch and take you up on that mate, just need to get my fitness up a bit first, it'd be embarrassing to hold you all up on my first time out!!! :LOL:

After almost 8yrs of being away...I’ve just bought an Alpinestars Al-Mega DX and am well and truly back...

Life has thrown me a few large curve balls in that time, however the love has never gone away!

I’ll put up a thread on the new steed once she arrives and look forward to a few of you imparting me with your knowledge and relieving me of some of my hard earned pennies (again!)...

Jimmy

Back