New Pace.....Reynolds.....yumyum

I know what you mean, seems weird to think they were making aluminium frames, when everyone else was making steel. And now they have gone for Steel.

Perhaps the Kona thing is why I like it!! Nice geometry.

....I actually like this one the most, out of the current range, however, the pic showing that cable routing does nothing for me, it looks abysmal.

Had thought about getting a 104 after seeing a frame in Stif but after hearing about what happened to the company during the split I've gone off the modern ones :(

brocklanders023":3bumznp0 said:
Had thought about getting a 104 after seeing a frame in Stif but after hearing about what happened to the company during the split I've gone off the modern ones :(

Enlighten us...???

Wouldn't like to say too much as I have no way of proving that what I was told is true but I heard that certain people were treated very, very badly when the original partnership split up.

Going back through the history of mountain biking, I don't think you'll find many "splits" that weren't acrimonious. Limit your choice of brand by this criteria and you'll be left with some pretty easy choices as there won't be many....

I've tried one of these and they are fantastic bikes. Don't know much about any split, but from a friends experience with dealing with Pace it's enough to put me off buying one full stop.

Back