Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:16 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:20 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Doomanic wrote:
O1i1 wrote:
Great forum, love the old FSR's, just bought a 2000 Shaun Palmer Team DH, building it up from scratch

I'm working my way through this tread and I've just done a sex wee! :shock:

me too :D

Post subject: Re: Show us yer FSR's
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 am 
Dirt Disciple

What diameter is the seat post for the frame? wasn't sure if it 27.2 or 30.8 or 31.6mm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:38 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Also what headset size ? sorry for all those beginner questions !

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:51 am 
Dirt Disciple

First post, I registered at this forum because of this thread.
There's some sweet FSR's in here for sure!!!

I bought my stock Ground Control FSR new in 1998, slowly upgraded all the components to M950 XTR over the following 4-5 years while riding
offroad 2-3 times a week with a couple of friends (one had the 1998 FSR Comp and the other the 1998 FSR Extreme), then stopped riding for
a while (too long).

Just got her back out a few months ago, and been riding it on the bike paths to try and get back in shape before hitting the trails again. :twisted:

Anyway, I put on a set of Rockshox Tora 302 u-turn forks, new grips, seat, pedals and a set of Kenda road tires (for now).
I almost forgot how much I love riding and this bike!

After changing the stem to a Salsa and the seatpost to a Raceface today.

I just bought a bone stock FSR elite Max Backbone a few weeks ago (I always wanted one of these) and tore it down to the fame and crank
to build back up over the winter.

The Manitou X vert R fork had a crack in it so I will be replacing that along with probably just about every thing else that came on the bike.
If anyone has a Sharkfin or a different link or shock they wouldn't mind parting with (wishful thinking) please let me know. :)

Sorry to just jump in here on my fist post, and start posting pictures, but I love these bikes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:27 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

could you show me what the bushing assembly looks like on the lower pivot (main pivot) for the rear swing arm please? the part near the bottom bracket :)
been desparately trying to find out whta i need to refurb mine!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:00 pm 
Dirt Disciple

some sweet fsrs here im new to the retro rebuild i used to own a ground control many years ago and regret selling it so i thought id dabble in a rebuild i bought one off ebay with the intension on trying to re create what i had many moons ago i completely stripped all the paint off the frame and the marzzochi z1 bams high polished it and re decal it and it looked a million dollars but back then the decals were easy to come by not like now they are like hen teeth so could any one point me in the right direction to where on earth to get decals from like the ones in post above from NightRider741 any help on this you would make a old man happy ive put a post in the wanted section as well on either decals many thanks. Ian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:58 am 
Dirt Disciple

craggers wrote:
What diameter is the seat post for the frame? wasn't sure if it 27.2 or 30.8 or 31.6mm

For the '98, '99 and 2000 FSR's it's 30.9mm.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:00 am 
Dirt Disciple

craggers wrote:
Also what headset size ? sorry for all those beginner questions !

For the '98, '99 and 2000 FSR's it's 1.125". :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:11 am 
Dirt Disciple

twain wrote:
could you show me what the bushing assembly looks like on the lower pivot (main pivot) for the rear swing arm please? the part near the bottom bracket :)
been desparately trying to find out whta i need to refurb mine!

Not sure about the bushings but BETD has bearing upgrade kit's for the old FSR's, including
the Main Pivot. I just ordered one for my bike, they were really cool people to deal with and
it got here (USA) super fast, like 5 days.
Here's a linky to the bearing kit's and upgrade page. Scroll down to the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th products. Hope this helps! :D
http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk ... d+Upgrades

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:18 am 
Dirt Disciple

coolwill99 wrote:
some sweet fsrs here im new to the retro rebuild i used to own a ground control many years ago and regret selling it so i thought id dabble in a rebuild i bought one off ebay with the intension on trying to re create what i had many moons ago i completely stripped all the paint off the frame and the marzzochi z1 bams high polished it and re decal it and it looked a million dollars but back then the decals were easy to come by not like now they are like hen teeth so could any one point me in the right direction to where on earth to get decals from like the ones in post above from NightRider741 any help on this you would make a old man happy ive put a post in the wanted section as well on either decals many thanks. Ian

I just picked up a 99 FSR ground control sport which had no decals on it, so I'm looking
for some of the 98 decals too (don't really care for the '99 stickers). If I find where to
get them, I'll post it here.
If you find where to get them please let us know also. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 112  Next