Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:19 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 112  Next
 Post subject: Re: Show us yer FSR's
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 pm 
Retro Guru

My 99 fsr recondition

Attachments:
File comment: I stripped my fsr 1999. And had it sprayed white. Just fitted new stickers. And now rebuilding. I am loving it.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 268.66 KiB | Viewed 930 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:52 pm 
Retro Guru

I need a rear shock if anyone has one for my fsr.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 pm 
Retro Guru

Ghf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:56 am 
Old School Hero

Get a modern one. I changed to a DT Swiss 210 ssd and enjoy now: Lightweight, lockout, adjustable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 am 
Retro Guru

That would be perfect but am at limited funds at the moment. So nice cheap second hand fox float be nice. They fairly cheap on ebay. Got to sell some stuff first on the post 98 section. Also thinking of selling my azonic bike to fund the fsr.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm 
Retro Guru

Looks good, i very nearly bought the same Xvert forks as there was a set on ebay a while back (i have the same frame as you)

My bike is rocking a new set of custom RS Psylos now though, found a bloke with what looked/looks like pretty much brand new Psylo XC lowers+CSU but was missing all the internals/knobs/etc etc, as i had a set of old knackered Psylo SL`s in the garage i took the superior/upgraded "PURE" damper from the SL right leg, and in the left leg i fitted a brand new XFirm spring from a Rockshox Pike(fits with minor mods), with 10wt oil its perfect for me :D

The reason i have returned to this thread though, had a creak for a while i have been tracking down, discovered that all my rear bushes now have some play, started swapping them out with the ones from my 98GC but i would ideally like some new replacements, as the 98GC is eventually going to be built back up for the missus, or sold on..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:15 pm 
Retro Guru

?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

My 'new' ride. It's a fleabay acquired 1998 I believe FSR Comp frame which came with the standard link and a no-name coil shock but new paint, bushings and decals all for about 65 quid.
The shock I'm using is an RP3 off Pinkbike; it wouldn't fit the standard link so I had to get a new BETD (pricey but nicey).
I'm using the 5" setting on the BETD link which hopefully will marry up well with the Rockshox Revelation's (coil) 130mm travel at full travel setting.
Rear brake mounting is a modified A2Z job with a couple of rose joints and a turned and tapped aluminium bar linking it to the brake boss in the style of brake therapy, Onza etc.
All other bits came from fleabay or my cellar. It's still got a tatty saddle for now as the modern one which I bought and was intending to use is like torture!
This is my 2nd FSR, the other is the metallic blue colour and still runs a standard link with an old Fox float shock and nice plush Pace RC41's up front. It's a lighter bike but needs some TLC.

Attachments:
fsr reduced.jpg
fsr reduced.jpg [ 164.36 KiB | Viewed 848 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:22 am 
Old School Hero

Wouldn't mind a close up of the brake adapter. Looks pretty clean, nice job mate!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 am 
Retro Guru

I wouldn't mind a close up too please. Also any one have blueprints for the shimano own disc adapter? Want to try build myself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 112  Next