Schwalbe nobby nic 2.4 ORC

Bikebandit

Retro Guru
Just been getting my o4 specialized enduro expert fit for the coming year and ordered a pair of 2.4 nobby nics ORC from Germany last week(because in sweden they cost a lot more).Came in the post the other day and put them on,fitted quite easy onto the crossmax xl wheels and the box has the weight as 670g so not that heavy tire for the size.The chainstay and fork clearances are still good.
Read peoples rave reviews about these tyres as good all rounders..any one here tried them..whats your views ???

Attachments

• DSC00156.JPG
    DSC00156.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 2,432
  • DSC00153.JPG
    DSC00153.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,432
  • DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,432
Not used the ORC Nic's, but have used the 2.1" Evo version

Very good tyres, plenty of grip & roll quite well considering their knobbliness

Work well up front with a Racing Ralph on the rear in Summer, or in winter on the back with a dedicated mud tyre up front (Schwalbe Black Shark or similar)

I have used both versions - on the same bike in the same size - and there is very little difference in the level of grip from either type. Yes maybe at the limit* the Evo version gives more confidence and does appear to roll faster but for the money saved the ORC version is very good value.

* It does happen on rare occasions :D

I use the 2.25 evos.

Quite impressed with the level of grip. They weigh in at 570g too which I think is pretty respectable for their size.

Just don't try and run them ghetto tubeless - in that application they are a POS. Easy enough to fit and seal initially and then seem fine (for a time) but burp far too easily and are impossible to reseal properly out on the trail (and Stan's sealant doesn't like CO², by the way, and CO² is the only way to re-seat a tubeless tyre out in the hills).
Grippy in intermediate conditions though and not too heavy - I was out all yesterday afternoon in mixed conditions (boggy forestry tracks, open moorland, technical singletrack) and have no complaints other than the fact that I had to use inner tubes :roll:

i believe that 2011 schwalbe's are tubeless compatibile, according to their website.

had no prob with mine, but I didn't ghetto them, got em set up on proper tubeless rims

Andy B":3k7nyy28 said:
i believe that 2011 schwalbe's are tubeless compatibile, according to their website.

had no prob with mine, but I didn't ghetto them, got em set up on proper tubeless rims

I've usually found the ghetto split tube method to be the most tolerant tubeless system. Not for this tyre/rim combination though.
Such is life.....

Thanks for the feed back fellas..even though the crossmax xls are tubeless rims Ive played safe and running with tubes.. :cool:

Nice tyres BUT are the on the right way round? The front one looks to be facing backwards mate.

Check the rotation arrows on the side.

AdamAsh":3wg45yl2 said:
Nice tyres BUT are the on the right way round? The front one looks to be facing backwards mate.

Check the rotation arrows on the side.

AFAIK the ORC version does not have direction arrows. I had to double check my EVO versions on another bike to make sure I was putting them on the correct way.

Back