Are Shimano the Microsoft of the Bicycle World?

Are Shimano the Microsoft of the Bicycle World?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
For me, there are so many valid comparisons.

Shimano innovate as well as evolve.

Frequently they knock the ball out of the park.

Their dominance leads some to talk about them like they are 'the man'.

I would suppose they have had less vitriol directed at them than Microsoft though.

Who is the bicycle world's Apple?

highlandsflyer":2nm4ue1j said:
.......Who is the bicycle world's Apple?

Cannondale. ;)

Imo the two can't be compared. Shimano has more competition in the industry than Microsoft has in theirs.

More like the McDonalds of the cycling world.

They make me feel sick too!!

al. :D

Opinions are like a** holes,everyone has one and they usually stink. ;)

Shimano makes stuff that works, Microsoft makes software that crashes and is prone to security issues.

Easy_Rider":f5gglhqz said:
Shimano makes stuff that works, Microsoft makes software that crashes and is prone to security issues.

That's the thing. I'd say Shimano was more like the cycling world's Apple. They make decent quality stuff that works and you buy it in spite of how shady they might be.

I have never felt the need to use anything else on my mountain bikes. I wish I had gone for Ultegra/DA on the road bike as well.

Iwasgoodonce":6i2mxev7 said:
I have never felt the need to use anything else on my mountain bikes. I wish I had gone for Ultegra/DA on the road bike as well.

My MTB also has mostly Shimano, partly 'cause that was the case with the first one I bought that donated its bits to the one I ride now. No complaints with the aesthetics, build quality or function, just that like Domestos, Shimano seems to get everywhere and sometimes I'd prefer a brand with a little more "exclusivity value". My road bike has a lot of Sachs-Huret bits, which I really like, and I still regret SRAM's takeover and asset-stripping of said company.

David

Ooof, shimano are not apple.

Think apple must be kona with all the fanbois.

Not microsoft, the stuff works too well. Not apple either as not all of their products are achingly beautiful and ultimately desirable.

Back