Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hi all

how do the new type bb,s work
any special tools needed to fit them??

anything else i need to know??

thanks rob

I kept clear of those type of spanners as I was concerned about the laser cut / stamped edges being 'sharp' and damaging the BB finish - I dont know if its a genuine problem or not though :? probably just me being a bit OCD ... :oops: :LOL: but how do you set the torque ?

I used one of the socket types - fitted really well and no marking of the finish at the correct torque :

DSC06051.jpg

Cheers,

WD :D

WD Pro":26d7dwdl said:
I kept clear of those type of spanners as I was concerned about the laser cut / stamped edges being 'sharp' and damaging the BB finish - I dont know if its a genuine problem or not though :? probably just me being a bit OCD ... :oops: :LOL: but how do you set the torque ?

I used one of the socket types - fitted really well and no marking of the finish at the correct torque :

Cheers,

the spanner i got was very well finished with no sharp edges,torque wise as seen in the listed video,they dont need to be silly tight and you can easily nip it up tight enough with the spanner type.bonus with the one i showed is you also get the plastic tool to remove the crank centre cap.

stew-b":30rnoo33 said:
great system and very easy to work on :)

hmm, no easier or harder to work on than the one piece sealed bottom bracket.

some say the bearings last nowhere near as long.

02gf74":23jukhug said:
stew-b":23jukhug said:
great system and very easy to work on :)

hmm, no easier or harder to work on than the one piece sealed bottom bracket.

some say the bearings last nowhere near as long.

hmm much easier! no more crank extractors needed! :)

my spanner one wasnt too bad
made by kenli :?
was cheap enough but cant find link now
didnt mark it much (but now has due to being used many times)
i didnt figure out how to use the socket ones until recently but the spanner has the added benfit of being able to be used to get one of the cranks arms off - no crank tool

I think my xtr has a different tool for removal than the one you refer to but the socket I have is double sided and has a torx style fitment on it - I never sussed out what it was for :? It then has a hex drive in the middle which is driven by a removable (supplied with tool) hex key socket which is standard 3/8" drive :D

Back