The Giant Logo at Cannock, JB666's roadtrip!

jonnyboy666

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i'm on a bit of a roadtrip! today i have ridden at Cannock, i decided i wanted to go back there after riding the retro meet there a while ago, but this time going modern! :oops: it's quite an eye opener! :shock: trails that seemed really hard seemed alot easier, it shows how different the trails can seem on another totally different bike!

having said that the trails were wet today as opposed to claggy clay poop!! :LOL:

one thing i didn't notice last time though was the big Giant Logo near the start of the trail. it has loads of old (but not retro) used giant frames in it, i assume they were warranty supplied by Giant for their Logo, i assume they sponsor the trail?

anyway here's a pic and some frames i spotted, TCR (from £699) glory (from £1800) trance (from about £1000 iirc) lets face they were probably knackerd before being chucked in to this sculpture but i think it's quite cool :cool:

Attachments

• tcr aluminium.jpg
    tcr aluminium.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 693
  • glory.jpg
    glory.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 693
  • trance.jpg
    trance.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 693
  • muddy clockwork.jpg
    muddy clockwork.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 693
also the best use of ISIS cranks and axle i have ever seen!! :LOL:

Attachments

• finally a good use for isis!.jpg
    finally a good use for isis!.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 687
haven't been since the retro ride, the sculpture has been there a good while, the Giant logo wrapped around it is new and quite smart.

Cannock do host a Giant demo day that's always popular as do Rutland cycling at Rutland water and one of there shops is now a Giant shop. Maybe a big brand shop will open at cannock too.

Specialized have their own shop in Stafford. Looking thriugh their 2011 catalogues i'd gowith Giant's range this year, some nice bikes for '11.

That's so cool :)
Was doing a search on "Giant Logo" and it popped up.
Nice surprise.

The logo question was:
When did Giant's logo/lettering change from the old odd rounded style to the more familiar angular style of today?

Many thanks Andy

wonder how many parts and bits have been swiped off it i was eyeing up the shimano ht11 road chainset :oops: :oops: :oops: or if you need a link plate for your trance :oops: :oops:

I know its bad to think that :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: nice logo and sculpture it is cool :cool:

Back