Thinking of buying a Giant XTC 29er

konafan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It's definitely not cheap but it's the only bike of it's type I'm getting excited(?) about.
The only problem is pretty much all the 2010 models have long gone (they offered 2 models and one was so much more affordable than the other) (in my size large anyway), and for 2011 Giant are only selling the dearer XTC1 29er, unless you are in USA, Aus, or Canada that is!

There's a 12 week wait on uk shipments as all 2011 models also have been snapped up (they must be alright then eh!?), and there are none 2nd hand on ebay etc worldwide pretty much!!

So it looks like either a 12week wait (easier to find the £ then ;) )
or...Giant in Amsterdam have them in stock and they do work out a bit cheaper, well until you take into account getting it home.
I had thought of biking back from Holland down to Calais but typical- the bike has no rack mounts (as far as I know) so not the best option on a budget.

Has anyone got any views on these bikes, all the online reviews say good things, oh and if you know of one for sale......??
:LOL:

Don't have much insight but I think they're great looking bikes. If I was seriously looking for a 29er the XTC would be on my list.

Back