• Hell No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

IDB1

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Use them?

Guess they must be subject to a British Standard so, in theory, they are safe?

The plastic BMX platform ones? They're alright if you only ride in the dry like BMXers (though still no where near as grippy as metal pedals). They're absolutely lethal in the wet.

IDB1":1lg2i2qi said:
Use them?

Guess they must be subject to a British Standard so, in theory, they are safe?

As in safe to use to pootle down the shops on a dry day?

Metal for the win, for me.

Cheers chaps. . the answer(s) I was expecting, pretty much, but thought I'd ask..

They're for one of the kids bikes.. we need lime green pedals and, while there are some offerings in metal, there's loads more in resin/thermalite/plastic/etc...

She can have metal pedals.. ta :cool:

For younger kids I'd be tempted to use plastic pedals. Metal pedals with sharp pins could cause a nasty injury to a little un. Don't want to deter them :)

i was just thinking that then thought, yes metal ones will chew your leg more than plastic ones but the plastic ones will still scrape/bash
:?

I use plastics on my cheapy commute bike, platform style bmx pedals. When i pedal too far into a bend and strike the pedal on the ground, they tend to grind the edges off rather than try to kick you off the bike.
There's also a new generation of plastic pedals with inserted rows of aluminium spikes - lightweight, cheap, grippy and funky colours. I expect loads of people are branding them, but Gusset is the first one that springs to my mind.

For kids, I don't see anything too wrong with them - especially as kids don't like riding in the wet anyway ;)

Back