A2Z Disc Brake frame adapter & 1991 Cannondale Hard Tail

GMC

Retro Guru
does anyone know if the A2Z frame adapter works well with 1991 Cannondale horzintal rear dropouts??

also does anyone know this disc adapter on this M700 on ebay:
Item number: 230593857256

cheers

Greig.

Looks similar to the one on my Gary Fisher Sugar:
product_361278.jpg

not near my bike at the mo' and if I remember to check, will post a photo

adapter

that would be superb if you could?

i've emailed the seller of that M700 the other day? but he hasn't replied?? I've scoured Google etc and i can't find any similar ones for sale?

Hence my question about the A2Z one? It does look like it would fit ok? but i'd like to be sure 1st?

cheers

Greig.

ive got 1 coming from wolly hat shop, was 24.98 delivered. Not for a dale but can take sum pics n measurements if any use

adapter

dirtydozen":1d2qp6l6 said:
ive got 1 coming from wolly hat shop, was 24.98 delivered. Not for a dale but can take sum pics n measurements if any use

cheers mate i really want to see one fitted or heard from some one using one on 3.0 Series 'Dale frame, because of the horizontal rear stay drop outs?

Thanks

Greig.

adapter

yep that was the same adapter on that m700 on ebay, the seller actually emailed me back to say he'd taken it off an old Gary Fisher. but he said he had to drill the M700 frame in order to clamp it on.

I'm still curious about this A2Z one, and i might just buy one and see if it fits? if not i'll send it back? either that or just run a disc on the front only??

cheers for the help guys

Greig. :cool:

pah, run v-brakes on the rear?!??>?!?!>?! no.

alternative is to get some aluminium alloy plate and make you own adatper.

hopefully after this weekend I will post photos of my DIY proflex adapter which is far more complex in 3-D than that one so it may give you some idea.

1991 dale

that sounds interesting about the adapter you're having made???

i've got it set up with Avid V brakes and i have a brake booster on the rear as well.

But i still like the idea of adding discs?? :D

I'll post some pics of the bike over the weekend.

cheers

Greig.

Back