Baggy shorts fitment of inner liner

Scougar

Retrobike Rider
Hi guys,

I tried on a pair of large muddyfox urban shorts last night for fit. The silicone leg grips did not fully seal on my legs and the inner liner and padding were hanging down about 2 - 3 inches from my groin. Should the pad be tight against me in these type of shorts, or should it hang down?

Annoyingly the waist seemed to fit fine. The wife is getting a medium pair for me to try today. (Hopefully they won't be too small).

I would say it should be tight like lycra shorts. Are the liners sewn into the shorts? If not get some proper lycra shorts and use baggies over the top.

Yup, the liners are sewn into the inner mesh. However, when taking them back for a medium size pair, the receipt was lost somewhere between the car and the shop.. so will have to wait till the purchase show's up on the statement now before trying to get it changed d'oh.

I take it you bought them from Sports Direct?? Get the Karrimor lycra shorts, only £6.99 and throw a pair of baggies over them as already suggested. I've got the shorts and leggings, both a good fit for me.

Yes Sports Direct (with regret, but they are cheap).

I'll take a look at the karrimor's :) It's only for a 10 mile commute (1-way) and as a complete newb I'll be taking it VERY easy else I'll be dead after the first half mile. The wife said she woudl divorce me if I just wore lycra, so shorts over the top are a must LMAO.

Back