Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:49 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:30 am 
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 am
Posts: 16165
Location: Rurally close.
are these all niners?
not sure on those bars, wouldnt they twist you arms too much? not good for impacts on your arms?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
cyfa2809 wrote:
are these all niners?
not sure on those bars, wouldnt they twist you arms too much? not good for impacts on your arms?


Ritchey and Vertigo are 29ers, the Groovy is 650 and the Retrotec looks 26.

The bars are the new Jones ones, I guess sweep angle is debatable some might find the position more natural, I reckon if you blew threw the travel of the fox's it wouldn't matter what position you hands were in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:43 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:44 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 am 
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 am
Posts: 16165
Location: Rurally close.
actually, sticking my bar fists straight out they do seem to tilit a bit outwards 8) maybe straight bars are un-natural then :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:55 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 868
cyfa2809 wrote:
actually, sticking my bar fists straight out they do seem to tilit a bit outwards 8) maybe straight bars are un-natural then :?


According to Rivendell Reader types, flat bars are the worst bars you can have. Of course, no one actually subscribes to that stuff. I think.


Last edited by beagle on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:04 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
beagle wrote:
cyfa2809 wrote:
actually, sticking my bar fists straight out they do seem to tilit a bit outwards 8) maybe straight bars are un-natural then :?


According to Rivendell Reader types, flat bars are worst bars you can have. Of course, no one actually subscribes to that stuff. I think.


Of course they do! You'll find a load of 'alt bar' converts on here. Honestly try some marys,mungos,salsa's, ragleys,luv handles,ritchey,surly,soma's.....can look a bit gash though :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 pm 
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
Gold Trader / rb Rider / Special
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 am
Posts: 16165
Location: Rurally close.
yeah the looks put me off as theyre often far from subtle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:54 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:48 pm
Posts: 868
kaiser wrote:
beagle wrote:
cyfa2809 wrote:
actually, sticking my bar fists straight out they do seem to tilit a bit outwards 8) maybe straight bars are un-natural then :?


According to Rivendell Reader types, flat bars are worst bars you can have. Of course, no one actually subscribes to that stuff. I think.


Of course they do! You'll find a load of 'alt bar' converts on here. Honestly try some marys,mungos,salsa's, ragleys,luv handles,ritchey,surly,soma's.....can look a bit gash though :o


I know, I was just kidding around. Got some Marys, they're alright (except they started rusting through the paint about 2 weeks after I got them). Prefer a normal riser bar myself. I'd quite like to try some of those fancy H type bars though.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group