spraying forks to a specific colour...

skinheadjc

Retro Guru
So i have a second/spare set of RS Reba WC's (currently for sale) but the lowers are not in all that great condition.

So i was thinking i could swap the lowers over with the ones on my Singular Hummingbird which are in good/great condition, sell the spare pair for a bit more, and spray the knackered ones up to match the frame. I'd also get some 'REBA' decals made up to match the singular logo and off white section on the frame.

the question is where to get the paint from? or can any one recomend a painter?

The hummingbird is RAL 6009, but its powder coated so needs a visual match or tester card done first i guess.

Powder coat the forks? Word of warning though I had a set of lowers powdered (rebas funnily enough)and never gave good enough instructions. They then blasted the bushes when they cleaned them :( fecked lowers.

yep powder coat but i also had the same problem tapped them all up myself and cleaned very well after but a small spec of sand didnt want to budge and gouged the stanctions but managed to save. tip is when u get them back find a jet washer with the dirt blaster fitting and stick that inside the lowers but mind the fingers.

skinheadjc":1rrl4isf said:
the question is where to get the paint from? or can any one recomend a painter?

The hummingbird is RAL 6009, but its powder coated so needs a visual match or tester card done first i guess.

Hummingbird green is RAL 6003 (Olive Green) RAL 6009 is Fir Green ;)

Thanks Andy - I reread Sam's email, yep RAL6003, must have RAL6009 on the brain as it comes up quite alot at work :D

anyway thanks for the comments on Powder coat but i've decided to do it myself (less risk) - primer, RAL 6003 paint and laquer all ordered - that way i can do some test peices first for a match.
Also orderd a couple of black / red RockShox decals for the bottom of each leg - just need to do the Photoshop work (over the next week) and get the 'wrap around' REBA logos made up. I'm also thinking of adding the exact psi in a small typeface at the bootom/top of each leg - where req.

I know there are some guys on here who can do custom graphics - can anyone let me know there user names or contact details?

so....
a quick update - the lowers are off and the paint rubbed down:
IMG_0081-1.jpg

IMG_0082-1.jpg

IMG_0083-1.jpg

and i've started work on the custom decals.....
sample.jpg

colours are yet to be matched to the frame - but you get the idea...

Back