Recommend me some tyres for a modern full sus build pls!

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I was just testing out my '07 Marin full sus today (when finished it'll be a 5" F&R travel 1 x 9 mini beastie, kinda 'AM' set-up)... just around the park like - to set the mech up / lever positions etc - and the paved areas were wet & slippery which had me off straight away! :LOL: :oops:

The tyres I have on the bike at present are the dreaded Tioga Factory DH which are notoriously bad on wet rock... anyone care to recommend some tyres for me in 26" x 2.2" or 2.3" size which are not going to endanger my life when I take the bike up to Lee Quarry or the Peak District (or anywhere rooty)!? ;) Budget is not high but I'm willing to pay decent money for something that's worth the 'sterls'!

Schwalbe Nobby Nic are a very good all rounder tyre

26x2.25 come in several versions, ORC performance line is the base model, then snakeskin which have tougher sidewalls (IIRC), then Pacestar is the top end one

Nextdaytyres.com do them at a very good price if Onone have none left.

Seconded for the WTBs at Chain Reaction.

Got a 2.3 Stout front and 2.3 Prowler rear on the SS and they are great.
Also got 2.1 Prowlers front and rear on my Global and they are brilliant.

Can't go wrong as the prices are between £9 and £14 for the folding versions at the moment. :cool:

Ah yes, Kenda Nevegals are also good, I used to run the Stick E compound up front & the DTC compound out back.

Do not put a Stick E out back it will feel like riding through treacle :LOL:

Nobby Nics do roll better than Nevegals and grip just a well.

Back